Get ready for the return of the City of Whittlesea Community Festival in March 2024!
Set within Council’s Civic Centre and Plenty Ranges Arts & Convention Centre in South Morang, the Festival's theme is 'Connections' and it promises to connect our community through a day of fun activities for all ages.
This event offers something for everyone with many free activities.
- Live music and entertainment: Crowd-favourite Dream Team and many cultural performances.
- Free theatre shows: Head to Plenty Valley Arts and Convention Centre for 'A Circus Sensation' by ZAP Circus and interactive show 'Someone in the dark' by Black Hole.
- Free cooking workshops: Dive into cooking workshops featuring local produce and 'World Kitchen' showcasing the talents of five local cooks.
- Local Food Discovery Zone: Learn about the wonderful food produced here in the City of Whittlesea.
- A pet expo: Enjoy adorable moments and valuable pet care tips.
- Family Zone: Free face painting, art and craft activities for the whole family.
- Youth Zone: Adventure awaits with a rock-climbing wall and performances by local young musicians.
- Ageing Well Zone: Engage in activities including a backgammon competition mini golf, Capet Bowls, croquet and more.
- Sustainability Lane: Experience the thrill of Australian wildlife, discover nature art and bush kinder, along with learning about all things sustainability.
- Community and Market Stalls: Discover delightful goodies to purchase at many market stall
- Food Trucks: Delicious treats will be available for purchase. Don't forget to bring a water bottle for refills at our water stations.
Everyone is invited to join the lively celebration and to make memories with our vibrant community!
Getting to the festival
The festival is located at Civic Centre 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang.
By Public Transport
The event site is well-serviced by trains and buses, including the South Morang train station on the Mernda line and buses 556, 383 and 577.
Plan your journey at Public Transport Victoria’s website
Ride your bike to the Festival
Use the temporary bike parking within the dedicated bike zone. Remember to bring a secure lock.
Via Car and parking
Parking is available at Civic Centre, however we encourage you to carpool, use public transport or ride to the festival.
Additional parking is adjacent to South Morgan train station.
Accessible parking is available at Civic Centre. You will be directed when you arrive.
Featured events and activities
The City of Whittlesea is dedicated to hosting sustainable events.
We proudly support:
- Eco-friendly dining through Green My Plate, ensuring that your plate and cutlery is reusable, reducing landfill.
- Reducing plastic waste. The festival also has four convenient water refilling stations for you to use your reusable water bottle.
Thank you for being part of the effort to minimise our environmental impact.
Information and updates